Jim and Linda Ray
Indiana State Director
Hope Baptist Church
AGM Start Year: 2009
Family: 6 adult children, 12 grandchildren (22 grand total!)
To Support the Ministry of Jim & Linda
Proverbs 11:30b…he that winneth souls is wise.
Personal Testimony - Jim: I was saved at age 17, but did not fully commit myself to Jesus until my mid-20’s, a few years after I had put in my four years of military time. I went to and graduated from Indiana Bible College (now Heritage Baptist University) and later received my Master’s in Theology and Christian Counseling from Christian Bible College and Seminary. I worked in missions with my local church for several years and served as a layman in many capacities. Later I pastored churches for 13 years. I currently am an Assistant Pastor at Hope Baptist Church and Pastor of Missions. I have served in other capacities such as deacon and Sunday School Teacher.
I had known the Regional Director of AGM, Charlie Hughes, for several years and with his guidance and prayers, he introduced me to the AGM fair ministry. With his help and the help of other incredibly dedicated AGM missionaries, I began winning more souls to God. Ministering with Amazing Grace Mission has been one of the greatest experiences of my life! There is no greater joy than watching the Holy Spirit work in the lives of others and a miracle being performed right before my eyes. Many live their whole life and never see the salvation of the Lord occurring in another’s life. What an awesome privilege it is to be able to lead someone to the Lord using the Word of God knowing that it is none of us, but all of God.
I love the Lord with all my heart and soul and strive daily to live passionately for Him. The Great Commission is in my heart and life. My desire is to go and tell the world about our wonderful Savior, to lead the lost to His great Salvation, and to teach them to serve Him.
Personal Testimony - Linda: My mother led me to the Lord when I was a small child of six. I knew I was a sinner and that I needed Jesus to come into my life and be my Lord and Savior. I was raised by Christian parents and have always actively attended fundamental Baptist churches. I attended Pillsbury Baptist Bible College and later graduated from Heritage Baptist University. I also received a 2-year certification in Convention and Meeting Planning at Indiana University which has come in very handy for missions, church and family! I work full time and help support my husband in AGM and I am very involved in our home church. I teach Children’s Church as well as sing in the choir. I am a member of the Mission Board, a church-school board member and I serve on the Ladies Fellowship Board.
What it has meant to be a part of AGM:
It is our hearts desire and burden to reach as many lost people in America and around the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ as possible.
What we can do in partnership with your church:
· Help ignite a desire in your members to witness & share their faith in the community
· Help develop a Market Place Outreach Program using the AGM methods of evangelism and outreach
· Train your folks in soul winning
· Help you find marketplace events in your area of community outreach
· Help with needs and requirements to secure space at an event of choice
· Come in advance of an event to train your folks in Market Place Evangelism
· Provide training documentation
· Provide a DVD training video on Market Place Evangelism
· Provide DVD a training video of Leading Someone To The Lord
· We will provide all needs for 1st event: tent, lights, table, chairs, 3 door unit, tracts etc.
· We will work the event with your folks, teaching further witnessing skills, “hands on” training, encouraging and exhorting
· Teach folks to get a decision card with info for follow-up and discipleship for the church
· Training on visitation and follow-up methods